Sunday, March 22, 2015

DIY Thrift Store Lamp to Jewelry Stand



This Turned Out Cuter Than I Could Have Ever Imagined! 

I needed a necklace stand for my Devoted Heart 28" Necklaces and everything I could find would be $50 or more! So I did some pinterest research and found this post/link. It looked simple enough to do, the tough part was finding a cute lamp stand with some character. I decided to go to my local goodwill (which seems to always have what I need!) and I found this gold beauty for $9.99.  What attracted me to it, was the leaves and flower like features.

I took the top light part out and the cord attached to it. 

I then painted it with some leftover ivory cream paint I used on another piece of furniture in my house. 
                         

Now I needed a pole to hold the necklaces from. I was going to buy an 18" wood pole from Home Depot or Lowes but we had an extra pipe in the garage and so I just had my hubs cut it to the length for me. 

I then glued buttons from Joann's on the ends to "close" it. 
After that I took some thick twine I had and glued it around the pole

I then glued the pole to the lamp and it was finished!!! I really love how it turned out! 


I love the character it gives the necklaces too! Such a neat find! 

Enjoy!

XO Tay



No comments:

Post a Comment