Tuesday, October 22, 2013

DIY:: Baby Boy Nursery





As soon as I found out we were pregnant I was dying to decorate my future Baby P's room! Early on I had a feeling that we were going to have a baby boy so I immediately went to the fabric store and bought the entire role of zoo themed fabric that I knew I wanted, if baby was a boy. The fabric store told me that I could return the fabric if I didn't cut it. So it sat in the room until the Big Gender Reveal (See Pictures & Reveal Ideas Here :) And yes were are having a BABY BOY!!! Excited I looked up ideas on how to make a crib mattress pad cover, crib dust ruffle, curtains,  and pillows. Here is the Room (Still Updating Daily).


  • The Crib Dust Ruffle was really tricky. Easy to do but a lot (A LOT) of patience and time goes into it. But I love how It turned out and it cost me around $33!! See My Post on How to Make Your own Here: DIY Crib Dust Ruffle
  • The Curtains were so fun to make! They cost me $28.98 for 3 yards of Zoo Fabric and 4.5 Yards of the Blue Fabric. See my Tutorial on how to make your own Here: DIY NURSERY CURTAINS
  • The Pillows were by far the easiest and less time consuming of all to make. They cost me around $32 mainly for the 4 pillow forms since I had left over fabric from my Dust Ruffle to create the covering. Here is a Link to the Site I used to make them: DIY Pillow Covers & DIY Circle Pillow
  • The Changing Pad Cover was just as easy as the mattress cover. It cost me $8.08 to make! Here is a link to a site I used: DIY Changing Pad Cover
PRICE BREAKDOWN: 
  • Zoo Fabric- 5.81 Yards for $27.19
  • Chevron Fabric- 2 Yards for $7.98
  • Yellow Stripe Fabric- 2 Yards for $6.32
  • Blue Fabric-  6 Yards for $16.75
  • Blue Polka Dot Fabric-1.37 yards for $5.77
  • Elastic- $3.29
  • Velcro- $3.99 x 2=$7.98
  • Square Pillow- $6.49x 3=$19.47
  • Circle Pillow- $10.49
TOTAL-$114.71 (Including Tax) 

I Hope This Inspires You To Be Creative & Know How Easy it Is To DIY Your Own Nursery!

                                          Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment