Wednesday, August 14, 2013

DIY:: TV Stand to Craft Hutch



            I have been wanting something to organize all of my fabric and craft items in my craft room for a long time. And I always do my research and try to find budget friendly pieces, but I have a hard time succeeding. Furniture can be so expensive!! So once again, my local thrift store has been a trustworthy place to me! I have found so many great furniture pieces there that I have to control myself! I found a piece that was in good condition, just needed new paint and knobs! Woohoo! Thats a great find! And it was $80, with paint it became $100 but it still was way cheaper than a brand new piece! I really didn't do much priming and sanding on this furniture piece because it wasn't going to be used very often, so the wear and tear wasn't a big deal to me. Plus I was painting it and fun teal color and I knew eventually I would get tired of it and paint it something different. So I only wiped it down with a wet cloth and then began sanding. I only sanded once then I started to paint. I used a high gloss paint to make it extra shiny, it took about 2 coats to finish. I wanted something Bright and Fun for my craft room and this paint color achieved it!

AFTER
BEFORE





New Glass Knobs

I made the top shelf a place to hold all of my ribbon






Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment