Tuesday, January 21, 2014

DIY Easy Peasy Burp Cloth Tutorial

DIY Baby Burp Cloth Tutorial

  • Here is the link on a step by step guide I used to make them! Super easy!!
  • My Steps:
    • What You Need:
      • Fabric: It depends on how many burp cloths you want.
        •  A 1/2 Yard makes a Qty of 4 - 9 1/2" x 22" Rectangular Burp Cloths 
        • You would need 2 different fabrics for front and back
          • I bought my fabric at Joann's
            • $3.28 Terry Cloth 1/2 yard- (after a 50% off coupon)
            • $6.20 1/2 yard Mustache Fabric From Etsy: Mustache Fabric Listing
            • Tip: 100% cotton SnuggleFlannel Fabric is Great To Use For Burp Cloths
      • Sewing Machine & Coordinating Thread, Scissors, Measuring Tape & Pins
      • TOTAL COST: $1.18 per custom burp cloth!
    • First cut the fabric into 4- 9 1/2"x22" rectangles

    • Put the pattern face down and pin along edges.
    • Sew them together leaving a 1-2" gap in the lower corner.
    • Turn them inside out.
    • Stitch the hole up by closely sewing to the edge.
    • Sew around the burp cloth a second time to create a more finished edge look.
    • {Optional} Wash Them to get the extra lint off and then iron them to get the wrinkles out afterwards
    • Thats It!! Super Easy!
Here are some pictures of this Cute Set of Burp Cloths I made for my Best Friends Baby Shower.
I wrapped it up in a bow along with her Car Seat Cover I made too!

Enjoy! 
xo Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment